There are different surgical techniques to address one’s near difficulties with the need for reading glasses. Traditional surgery with laser vision correction with LASIK with monovision. With monovision, the patients dominant eye is made for distance and the non dominant eye made for reading by leaving some prescription to make one nearsightedness. A newer procedure is called Corneal inlays to correct vision. With Inlays a contact type lens is put under a LASIK flap thus acting like a magnifier to read. The advantages of corneal inlays is that one can still see distance in the inlay eye for reading unlike the monovision eye with LASIK which sees blurry for distance. Thus corneal inlays gives one better depth perception with binocular vision unlike monovision LASIK with a monocular.
- Etiology of Presbyopia & Treatment Options
- “High Definition” Vision with Wavefront LASIK
- The Comparision of Distance & Near Vision Results with Corneal Inlays vs. Monovision LASIK
- About the Kamra Corneal Inlay procedure for Reading. It’s that EASY!
- Dr. Columbus proud to serve the residents of Manhattan NY
- The Raindrop Corneal Inlay: How it Works
- The Kamra Corneal Inlay for Reading: How it Works
- About the Raindrop Corneal Inlay procedure for Reading. Its that SIMPLE!
- About the CTK Procedure for Farsightedness: How it Works
- The Quality of Nighttime Vision with Wavefront LASIK